Optimove Announces Record Growth for 2016
Optimove, provider of the leading Customer Marketing Cloud, today announced record growth for 2016, including a 70% increase in its client base. The company also announced the official opening of its London office and plans to expand its EMEA business.
This move — designed to deepen Optimove’s commitment to the region — follows the company’s U.S. launch last year. Chief Commercial Officer Alon Tvina will head the London office. As Managing Director, EMEA, Tvina will lead regional efforts to grow the company’s presence and ensure the success of customers using Optimove’s customer marketing software.
“Our growth indicates a larger trend in the industry toward emotionally intelligent, customer-centric marketing that focuses on retention rather than just acquisition,” said Pini Yakuel, founder and CEO of Optimove. “Marketers around the world and across sectors are realizing it’s not enough to leverage data and invest in the acquisition of new customers. Growing a business today requires making the most of your biggest asset — your existing customers.”
Optimove’s highlights from 2016 include:
– CEO Pini Yakuel relocated to New York City to head the company’s global headquarters.
– Optimove grew its client base by 70%, adding names like 1800flowers.com, Deezer, IDT, Adore Me, Plymouth Rock and Oanda to its roster. This meant that their Customer Marketing Cloud delivered more than 8.7B marketing messages to over 156M unique customers.
– The company raised $20 million in growth funding from Israel Growth Partners, its first funding round to date.
– Optimove grew employee headcount by 55%, appointing Shauli Rozen to Chief Strategy Officer and Moshe Demri to Head of Strategic Services. The company now has 130 of employees across its New York City, London and Tel Aviv offices.
– Optimove launched Optibot, the world’s first marketing optimization bot, now an integral part of the Optimove platform.
Optimove expects 2017 to be another high-growth year for the business, and plans to grow the London office to 20 employees by the end of the year. Tvina is hiring for roles in customer support, professional services and sales. The office is already serving brands including Deezer, BWIN, Ebury, Happy Socks, La Perla and NELLY.com and will continue to grow customers across four key sectors: retail, gaming, financial services and consumer apps.
“As we grow, it’s critical we stay close to our customers,” said Tvina, who has been with Optimove since 2013. “Opening an office in London allows us to provide our EMEA customers with more immediate support grounded in the context of their market, and to further expand our business in these regions.”