Fireglass – 400% Revenue Growth in 2016
Fireglass, the leading isolation vendor, emerged from stealth in 2016 and closed out the year with strong momentum – building an impressive customer list, increasing year-on-year revenue by 400 percent, growing its team by nearly 50 percent, and generating recognition from top-flight industry analyst firms and media.
“The tremendous progress we have made in 2016 is a direct result of enterprises’ demand for our isolation platform and our business execution. Customers recognize the value Fireglass provides as an effective real-time enterprise-ready isolation solution against web-borne threats, which account for more than 80 percent of breaches,” said CEO and co-founder Guy Guzner. “Our award-winning True Isolation™ technology, offers the highest level of security by completely eliminating malware and phishing from web and email. With Fireglass, enterprises augment their existing security architectures to provide secure web access to risky and uncategorized websites and for high-risk users, prevent spear phishing attacks, and protect Office 365 and other cloud apps.”
Highlights for 2016 include:
– Customer Momentum – Less than a year from its emergence from stealth mode, Fireglass has inked more than two dozen customers. Its customer base, strong in the United States and Europe, includes Fortune 500 Financial Services and Oil & Gas companies.
– Company Growth – Sales significantly accelerated throughout the year, with over 400 percent revenue growth. Staffing increased by 50 percent, with key executives coming on board in both sales and marketing, and the company opened two offices – its global headquarters in New York and a European branch in London.
– Product Innovation – Fireglass rolled out its enterprise-ready threat isolation platform designed to eliminate malware and phishing. The agent-less platform, available as a cloud-based or on-premises solution, handles all web traffic remotely, protecting users from any web-borne threat.
– Funding – Fireglass announced a $20 million Series A venture round, fueling the company’s drive to expand research and development efforts in addition to building out its sales, marketing and support teams in North America and Europe. The funding was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Norwest Venture Partners.
– Industry-Leading Partnerships – Fireglass announced an integration with Check Point, offering seamless compatibility with Check Point Next Generation Firewalls and Check Point SandBlast. Fireglass also signed agreements with two of the largest security resellers in the United States: Optiv and Forsythe Technology.